Saturday, April 21, 2012

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain

There has been many rave reviews on the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains and I've been loving these as well so I wanted to share my thoughts on them. I have Beige Aquarelle # 19 and Encre Rose # 17. Both of these are gorgeous colors and the formula is unlike anything in the market. They give you a glossy shiny finish on the lips and they last about 4-5 hrs for me and the darker colors leaves a noticeable stain after all the product has disappeared. The stains I've tried stung and are really dry on the lips but this is hydrating and does not accentuate any dry flakes.


 























The tube is a sleek black and of course their trademark gold packaging as like most of their makeup products . It is shorter and thicker than a regular lip gloss packaging and there is a window that shows the stain color. The applicator is pretty unique as it's flat with a pointed tip which helps with outlining the lips. It is also very flexible which makes it easier to press the stain into the lips.  The stopper allows a small amount of product so I do apply two coats for a full opaque color.   









I'm wearing YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in Beige Aquarelle #19 which is an online Sephora exclusive and also available at Barney's. It is a nude pink color which is perfect for everyday. It is really pigmented so it covers the mauve tone in my lips. It is not too cool toned so it doesn't make you look dead. For those who have tried Rose Pastelle #18 and thought it was too light than you should give this one a try. It does take a bit more effort to apply than #17 but I simply smooth it over with my fingers for an even application.  



 

 Here I have on YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in Beige Aquarelle #17 which is a bright blue toned pink, almost Fuchsia. The color is gorgeous when you initially put this on but I do find that after some time of wear it changes and becomes a bit darker. It might be because it is staining the undertone of your lips.


Both of these have a strange cooling sensation when first applied on the lips, almost like if you quickly swiped an alcohol pad over them. It then turns into a creamy consistency that isn't sticky and feels very hydrating. You also don't get the goop that gathers in the center of your lip which you have to take off with your finger, know what I mean?! I think the product is perfect for those who are lazy at reapplying lip color like me. It wears off really nicely and just leaves a stain. Have you gave these a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment