Monday, March 12, 2012

Clarins Natural Lip Perfector 03

I'm not a big fan of lipgloss. I hate how my hair sticks to it and when you pull the hair off your face, it just leaves some product on the side of your face too. I do own several lipglosses but I only wear it on occasion for certain looks and I definitely don't use one everyday. Overall, I'm just not into the super shiny gloss appeal to lipglosses. I heard rave reviews about the Clarins Natural Lip Perfector last year and it wasn't a product I was dying to try but I did keep it in the back of my head. I was at Bloomingdales this weekend and I was right next to the Clarins counter so I decided to give it a try. I've mostly seen people talk about color #01 which is called Rose Shimmer and it was mentioned as a milky pink so of course that's the one I wanted to try. Turns out it is more of a medium pink than a light milky pink and on my lips it is not pigmented enough to cover my natural lip color so it just makes my natural lip color even brighter. All three of the colors don't have much pigment to them really but I did end up getting #03 Beige Shimmer and the color is just enough to tone down my natural lip color which is exactly what I want. It's more of a nude peach color than a beige as the name implies. The texture of these is what makes these so popular. It's basically a glossier balm and feels really comfortable on the lips. It is not sticky at all and doesn't cause my lips to flake when it dries which most lip glosses tend to do.

The ingredients contain Shea Butter, wild Mango and Plant extracts which hydrate the lips. It has a sugary smell to it, maybe creme brulee? It also doesn't leave a taste in your mouth which I appreciate. I really like the sponge applicator instead of a wand which is easier to apply and you do not need a mirror with this. I use this as I would a lipbalm during the day and the nude color goes with all my makeup looks. It makes my lips look plump and fuller so I definitely recommend if you are a day time balm wearer like me. Ohh and it's $21. :)

Nice squeeze tube and contains 0.35 oz of product


Pearl shimmer and sponge applicator

On bare lips

2 comments: